Friday, November 11, 2011

Love Sacrifices All

II Timothy 2:3 Endure suffering along with me, as a good soldier of Christ Jesus. (NLT)

I’ve never served a day in my life, but I have a son who does. My Dad, father-in-law, brother-in-law and nephew also did, and I respect all who have and do. Soldiers who gave a few-and sometimes many, years to protecting their country from threats abroad. Whether they agreed with the command, conflict or war was immaterial. They sacrificed because they loved their country and respected authority. And if it required the ultimate sacrifice, they were willing. Jesus was too. He didn’t war against others, but his fight was significant nonetheless. He paid a debt we couldn’t to make us what we weren’t-free from the chains of sin. So thank God and a vet for your freedom. One keeps your country free and the other liberates your soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment