Sunday, November 13, 2011

Love Trusts

Matthew 6:25 That is why I tell you not to worry about everyday life—whether you have enough food and drink, or enough clothes to wear. (NLT)

I once bordered on being one, and I’ve known quite a few. Worry warts, that is. How am I going to pay the bills? Will I ever find someone to marry? Where will I work? What if I lose my job? Will my children turn out okay? Having a Type A personality didn’t help. And if I couldn’t worry about my concerns, I’d worry about someone else’s. Trying to make everyone happy was exhausting. I wanted people to like me and worried when they didn’t. I suppose I didn’t even trust God. After all, if I did why was I worrying? Then one day the verse finally sunk in. If God’s worrying about my needs, why am I? Wants are one thing, but food, shelter and clothing are promised. And it’s okay if I don’t see eye to eye with everyone and even if everyone doesn’t like me. My duty in life-and yours, is to love God supremely, love others as I do myself, and then trust God to take care of the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment