Monday, November 2, 2015

Be Strong - Martin Wiles

Do not be afraid and do not panic before them. For the LORD your God will personally go ahead of you. He will neither fail you nor abandon you. Deuteronomy 31:6 NLT

Sometimes what’s ahead and behind is just as important as what’s in the middle. 

My wife and I took a vacation to visit my brother and sister-in-law who recently moved to West Virginia. They live in an area where coal mines are prevalent but not much else. Their home is situated on the side of a mountain and in a valley where the sun doesn’t rise until 10 am and sets at 3 pm. 

Across the highway is a small stream paralleled by railroad tracks. Several times each day, I heard a whistle blow, saw a bright light, and then marveled as two engines pranced around the corner of the mountain pulling a number of cars loaded with coal. After what seemed like an eternity, the end arrived pushed by two equally strong engines. What pulled the train was just as important as what pushed it. 

Moses led the Israelites through 40 years of wilderness wandering. God led them with a pillar of cloud during the day and a pillar of fire at night. Neither their shoes nor their clothes wore out. He supplied water, meat, and manna. He went before them to the Red Sea and positioned himself behind them when Pharaoh’s army pursued them. 

Now, it was time for Moses to die. Joshua would take over. God would be the energy behind him and the Israelites as they conquered the Promised Land. 

God gives believers the same promise. I’ve learned when I don’t let him go before and behind me I’ll make a mess of things. He doesn’t appear in a pillar of cloud or fire but rather in the continual abiding presence of his Spirit residing in me. If I’ll pay attention to the still small voice speaking to my heart, I’ll find power to make the right decisions, take the proper paths, and find the correct answers to life’s most important questions. 

Like the train engines, God provides the strength. All I must do is rely on it. What are you finding strength in to face each day?

Prayer: Father, we pray for Your strength to face life’s journey and all it holds. 

Looking for a wide selection of genres in Christian books at discount prices? Use coupon MWiles and get a 20% discount on any book. Click here to see selections.  






Thanks to all our faithful followers who are "sharing" our posts--please keep it up! We also invite you to follow and like us on FacebookPinterest, and Twitter. Help us spread God's encouragement through his love lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment