Thursday, January 21, 2016

At Home with God - Martin Wiles

I pray that Christ will be more and more at home in your hearts as you trust in him. Ephesians 3:17 NLT

“Just make yourselves at home,” they said. 

My wife and I were on vacation, visiting my brother and sister-in-law in West Virginia. Since we were going to be there a few days, they wanted us to establish our own routine. Knowing we got up earlier than they did, they wanted us to feel free to rummage in the kitchen. If we wanted to turn on the television and watch the morning news, that was permissible as well. I needed to rearrange a bit in the bedroom to make room for my computer. No problem. I needed to use the internet. Not an issue. I was given the password. Being made to feel at home meant we could do the same things at their house as we did at ours. 

When I’m at home with God, I won’t fear. I’m loved perfectly, completely, and unconditionally. Perfect love and fear should not coexist at the same time and in the same place. If it does, I have a flawed understanding of God’s love. Dangerous situations might evoke fear, but even that fear is controlled by trusting in my Protector. 

When I’m at home with God, I’ll feel comfortable in his presence. He invites me to come boldly before his throne. I don’t have to fear rejection or that some past sin will disqualify me from interaction with him. In Christ, all my sins are forgiven. I can dine with God as I do with a good friend.

Home is where I spend most of my time. When I’m at home with God, I’ll spend time with him. Since I can’t hear him audibly, I must hear him through his Word, prayer, communion with other believers, and worship experiences. My wife and I couldn’t have made ourselves at home at our relatives’ house unless we were there. I can’t be at home with God if I neglect his presence.

An old saying reads, “There is no place like home.” And there isn’t. Home is where the heart is. Otherwise it wouldn’t be home. 

Do you feel at home with God?

Prayer: Father, move us to the place where we feel right at home in Your presence.


Looking for a wide selection of genres in Christian books at discount prices? Use coupon MWiles for 20% off. Click here to see selections.  







Thanks to all our faithful followers who are "sharing" our posts--please keep it up! We also invite you to follow and like us on FacebookPinterest, and Twitter. Help us spread God's encouragement through his love lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment